Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Things that Scare Seren

Seren has always been timid. That is fine with me. She is scared of many sounds. I like this aspect of being a toddler because while on one hand she is "Ms. Independent" and refuses our help, the second she hears a motorcycle or a big truck, she'll drop what she is doing and come sprinting towards us for big hugs.

Makes me feel like I still have a baby in our house despite the fact that she'll be two in less than two weeks.

Last night, she was taking a bath. She was happily splashing and doing her own thing in the tub. She had been wearing blue socks during the day and a little bit of blue sock lint floated by her.

She took one look at it and quickly stood up, her arms outstretched towards me. With fear in her voice she announced, "Seren get out of tub now!"

I comforted her while smiling at the whole scene.

SOCK LINT? Dogs barking, motorcycles and vacuum cleaners are understandable scary. But sock lint? :) Poor thing.

1 comment:

samshi said...

I remember my little sister used to be terrified of motorcycles too when she was that age... she used to call them "mickey bikes" and I forever will associate mickey mouse with motorcycles thanks to her :)
samina