Monday, July 21, 2008

Another milestone- week 20

This pregnancy seems to be flying by at a break-neck speed! I can't believe week 20 arrived on Friday! Half way! So exciting! I have been feeling the little man kicking since early July so that is encouraging. It has been a wonderful experience.


I continue to be amazed at the LIFE inside me. Wow. We get the chance to see him again this Wednesday. And on Thursday, I am seeing new doctors. My current practice is simply too busy! They have made me wait for approximately 45 minutes during each visit. The low point came when the doctor was way too busy trying to get my chart in order to answer my questions. She kept saying, "Uh, huh. Don't worry about that." As I asked about my high risk pregnancy- all the while shuffling through papers. I finally said to her in a NOT nice tone,


"I really hope you don't mind me asking questions. After all, it is my body and my baby."


That did it. She actually made eye contact with me.


I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Again and again. But I want the best outcomes for myself and by unborn babe. And the current practice just wasn't meeting my needs.


So I'm switching to my friend's father's practice. (Hi Rachel!). Can't wait!


We still haven't come close to agreeing on a name. Sam has his list. I have mine. And frankly, we have been too busy and too stressed out dealing with the two new jobs and the new child care to really think about a name. Right now, "Baby Brother" works wonders.


Last week with child care went just fine. I can't complain. Seren didn't cry. And I didn't either. So I guess that is good. She seems to enjoy the other children. I don't know if the child care provider and I see eye to eye on everything yet but we'll cross bridges when we need to.


Sam and I are just holding on- vacation comes this weekend. We will be spending a week in Cape Cod. I hope to just sit around and eat. And sleep. Seriously. That and play my heart out at the beach with my girl. If the fun Seren has at the sand table is any indication, she is going to LOVE the beach (again) this year.


2 comments:

Laura S said...

Sorry your old doctors office was so crazy. How annoying! Anyway, you look GREAT! Hope you all have a wonderful time on vacation. As for the two new jobs comment, did you also get a new job? Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Beth said...

You look fantastic Megan. What a cute bump! Hope you guys have a fantastic vacation. Ed and I didn't agree on a name until the 7th or 8th month, so I totally understand that impasse. You'll find the right one eventually! Hang in there, and good for you for switching doctors and advocating for yourself and the new baby. You're a fabulous mom already the second time around!