Friday, July 15, 2011

Air

Tonight it was my turn to put Wyeth down. We have a cute routine. We read one big family story and then we split up. Wyeth picks out books and 'hides' them under the pillow. Picking them out always takes a while. There is usually chin scratching and a lot of 'hmms'. Once we pick them out, he pulls them out from behind the couch pillow- one by one- as I act surprised! I love this phase of childhood. Where no matter what I do, he laughs. It makes me feel like Louis Black! I'm hysterical! I don't want the easily amused, quick to giggle phase to pass. Not at all. Sigh.

Anyway, we were about half way through the four stories and 3 songs routine when he passed some gas.

"Woah, buddy! What was that? Gas?"

"No. That was just my bottom."

1 comment:

Jessica {Team Rasler} said...

I am always amazed at how they find the simplest things funny. Sebastian just cracks up whenever I tell Theo to stop eating something (like the cat food). But then when they say something *I* find hilarious - like what Wyeth said - they don't understand why I'm laughing so hard. But they chime in anyway. This really is a fun age.