Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My very own Michael Jackson

Yesterday morning I was playing with Seren before we went down for breakfast. She would hand me a toy or a book and then walk backwards! She continued to grin and she walked backwards all over her room. I have my own smaller version of Michael Jackson! Now all she needs is a white glove...

It is amazing how these new 'tricks' entertain all of us! I just love watching her figure these things out. Now granted, walking backwards isn't necessarily a marketable skill but she can do it!

This weekend Seren also had fun with the water hose! Seren and I had played with the hose the week before. While Sam was watering the garden, I encouraged him to spray a little water on Seren's feet. Like the previous week, she burst into laughter. While he watered the garden, she followed the water and eventually got soaked. Sam and I laughed hysterically while she reached up for the arching water and then laughed as she got sprayed in the face. The first time it happened, Sam and I just held our breath. Would she like it? Hate it? Be freaked? Nope, she wanted MORE!

Sam and I agree that raising a toddler is so much fun. Everything is new and exciting! She also is really developing a sense of humor. Some things, unbeknownst to us adults are HYSTERICAL to toddlers. Sippy cups are funny. So are pieces of watermelon. She will often give us a big belly laugh while eating. When was the last time that you just burst into giggles while eating dinner? Having a toddler is a lot of work but a lot of fun as well.

I like this blogging thing. I just need to learn how to be more 'jazzy'. I hope to post pictures soon.

No comments: