Friday, October 19, 2007

Missing the Snuggles

I miss snuggles! Seren is SO busy these days with all of her tasks, adventures and stories that it is rare that she and I just sit and well, snuggle. Those days seem like a long time ago. When she was 9 months, I still nursed her to sleep. Those days ended but I still put her down (mostly asleep) in her crib every night. I'd rock and sing and off she'd go to DreamLand. Then, at 15 months, we started to just calm her down and put her to bed. She is a big girl now.

But where are the snuggles? The rock-my-baby to sleep phase is gone. I guess that's because the 'baby' phase is gone.

The sleepy phase and physical comfort of mom/dad has been replaced by quick kisses (on the mouth) and what I call "fly by" hugs. She runs and jumps into our arms. And then that moment is done. And she is off! For the most part, I've learned to take what I can get of the displays of affection. I love the tackle hugs and tickles she gives us. Afterall , she is still really young and we love being affectionate! I also know I better enjoy it because these days are numbered too....(by age 13, I doubt I'll be getting cuddles?) So, I enjoy it.

But I do miss the snuggles. A lot.

However, regardless of how old Seren gets and how much she loves to hugs us or not...I can still go in every night and look lovingly at my sleeping miracle.

This way, in the quiet of the still night, I'll get my fill of snuggles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...thank you for this...it has served as a reminder to me to fully enjoy each snugg-ly moment with Jack...

LauraC said...

You should copyright that phrase "tackle hugs"... perfectly describes the hugs in our house now!