Monday, October 22, 2007

Why we are just a wee-bit tired

Last Monday I posted that the previous weekend was a perfect balance of chores, friends and family. I cannot say the same of this past weekend!

Since Friday October 19th at 5:00 we….
· Scrapped wallpaper from the stairway
· Painted the hallway
· Painted the hallway a second time
· Hung up art in the hallway
· Took off the closet doors
· Sanded the closet doors
· Painted the closet doors
· Cleaned the old hinges by soaking them in something that took a year off my life
· Put the hinges back on
· Returned shoes to Marshalls
· Bought an area rug (and other assorted items) at Lowes
· Bought cleaning supplies
· Bought and returned a total of 6 knobs and went with a latch instead
· Did three loads of laundry
· Swept the front porch
· Bought and wrapped presents for a birthday party (Seren made the card)
· Raked the yard (Seren loved helping with this one)
· Mowed the front yard
· Moved stuff from the garage into the shed
· Puttied the front room
· Sanded the front room
· Painted the wall of the front room
· Placed corner blocks in the corners of the front room
· Painted the floor of the front room- times 3 for separate layers
· Played at the park for an hour
· Dusted off the futon frame
· Reassembled futon- complete with new futon mattress
· Laid out the new rug
· Moved the furniture back into the room
· Went to a birthday party for a two year old
· Swept out the laundry room
· Changed the sheets on the bed from the summer sheets to the winter sheets (only to learn that today it will go up to 82 degrees...)

We are tired. Thank goodness for Grammy and Poppy! They helped out on Saturday! This is QUITE the boring post but I'll show before and after pics of our 'new' room as soon as we can download them. Yahoo! It was work but it was worth it!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, Megan. You are putting me to shame. That's an amazing list of accomplishments for one weekend! (I was also glad to see that you had help with Seren. There's no way we could do 90% of that list if we didn't have someone helping us!) I'm so glad you de-lurked on my blog so I can read yours now. Hope you have a nice, easy week to help you recuperate!

LauraC said...

I am tired just reading your list! And I am also fantasizing about flying family here for a weekend so we can get the last of our to-do list done!!