Monday, October 29, 2007

Zero to 60 in seconds flat

It never ceases to amaze me how Seren can go from sound asleep to bouncing in seconds flat.

I had to wake her up today to feed her some breakfast before I left for work. It is rare that I need to do this. When I opened the door to her dark room, she was nestled in. Her blanket was over her body, her arm around her beloved 'baa-baa' sheep. She was out cold. I gently said good morning; I touched her face, her arms, her curly hair. She turned her head towards me. Stretched out her curled up body and stood up.

And started to bounce.

And play her musical instrument.

There is no 'snooze' button for toddlers. There is no procrastination about starting the new work week. Seren needs no coffee. No shower to wake up and wipe the sleep from tired eyes. Seren is just asleep and then awake.

And ready to play, sing and discover!

If only all of us could roll over, stretch and start to happily bounce the second the alarm clock (or baby) woke us up. A good visual, yes?

Seize the day!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Alex is like that too.

Nate is the exact opposite. It takes him a lonnnng time to wake up. If we have to wake him up, he sits and stares at us blankly, extremely confused. He'll lay back down 10-15 times before finally agreeing to leave their room.