Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007

Wow! What a night! Seren had a complete blast! All week we got her 'used' to her costume. We spent a lot of time talking about Ladybugs and singing the Ladybug song from Sesame Street. (If you are in your late 20s-early 30s you'll remember it, right? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 ladybugs came to the ladybug picnic..._)

Sam took Seren to a parade that a local hospital had. Seren enjoyed parading in her costume. Sam said she didn't smile much but just took it all in. And did a little flapping. And the nurses, doctors and patients loved seeing the little kids.

I got home last night (after fighting a TON of traffic), we ate dinner and off we went! It took a few houses before Seren "got it". She then would take one or two pieces of candy and wave and say "bye-bye!" A few houses said to us, "Oh, well, we can't give her candy! What do we have?" We politely said, "Just seeing you is part of the fun!" Sam was bummed that I didn't let our neighbors give Seren the candy...which is really giving Dad the candy. :)

Seren loved trick or treating! We took lots of pictures and really enjoyed the night. My parents also came along for fun. So we were a group of four adults and one child! She didn't pull off her costume- she was a happy ladybug. She DID hold our hands very tightly and got a little scared by the night time and strangers in the dark. Holding our hands was FINE with me. If only one of us were holding her hands, she wanted the other parent too. I could hear her calling, "MOM" if I stayed back to speak to a neighbor a little longer.

I went as a flower to go with my ladybug. Sam said he was the gardener. I have always loved Halloween. Always! But this year was just a complete blast.



1 comment:

LauraC said...

First of all, YAY for awesome Halloweens!

Second, SO jealous you dressed up. Jon talked me out of it this year. Not next year!