Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Medical "breakthrough"

Last night, after eating a TON of spaghetti, Seren announced "Tummy hurts."

Now that isn't very exciting but after two years of guessing what the problem is, it is big news. She can actually TELL us now that things are bothering her. I clearly remember the early days with the crying. The tears. What was wrong? Diaper on too tight? Teething? Gas? Itching outfit? What?

And then last night, in the clearest little voice, "Mamma! Tummy hurts." Poor little peanut. I fretted over her pained expression and the fact that she was looking at her belly and pushing on it. Should I call the doctor? What was it? An appendix? Just as I said to Sam, "If this keeps up, I"ll call the doctor", Seren leaned over and out came a sound that sounded like a trumpet! Talk about passing gas! It just went on and on.

Trying not to crack myself up, I managed to eek out, "You ok? You feel better?"

"Yeah. Senen all better."

1 comment:

Laura S said...

Meg, that is a riot! She should patent that treatment :)