Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Seren tidbits and Andy won!

There is much to post about. Our weekend was sunny, warm, fun and truly fantastic! I'll post about this weekend later this week. I had a blast. So much fun just relaxing outside in the sun! Having a two year old can be extremely trying but it can be hysterical too! A few quick antidotes before I forget them.

*Seren can't say "f" yet. So "finger" is "singer". And "foot" is "soot". She calls Sam's flip flops, "slip slop shoes".

* She is getting very interested in the concept of a potty. We purchased a potty last week and she LOVES the idea. She knows that poop and pee go into the potty but it too nervous to try. She likes to sit there fully clothed. Yesterday she asked to take her pants off. And so we sat together like that. When it was actually time for her to use the potty, she got really nervous, requested her diaper be put back ON and then went to the bathroom. We have time. We aren't pushing this. It is going to be QUITE the process.

* Seren loves her music together class. We have been going for over a year. But now we find her singing the music together songs to herself. She really likes going and the day of music class is VERY exciting.

* We had a rough time of naps this past week. She seems to need a lot of time to settle down. While we are BIG into rountines, but it appears as if our routine needs a change. She takes up to 45 minutes to calm herself down. Which then means less time for nap or means that she isn't as tired to go to bed. This week we will try to figure out what works. I put the CD on that we used when she was about 2 weeks old and we were desperate for ANYTHING to work. She liked the calming music. So maybe if we start the nap earlier, she'll calm down sooner. Saturday, she was falling asleep eating lunch after a LOT of playing. But 45 minutes later, at nap time, she wanted to play. I think toddler don't know how to "unwind"- the world awaits! Any ideas?

* Seren can spot a school bus or hear a garbage truck from about a mile away. Just as Sam or I say, "I don't know. I don't see a garbage truck...", one will roll by!

* Seren is hot and cold about hugs and kisses. I have found myself in the past month having pity parties when she doesn't want to embrace me. I can become green with envy when she wants time with Dad (and not me). Since Dad is home with her all day, this only fuels the "I am a bad mom" mentality. But then,this past weekend, she just wanted to snuggle all day. So, I guess it is hit or miss with her these days. And I try to roll with the punches. But man, I love those wet kisses and "big girl" hugs.

And now for exciting news! My blogging friend Laura is extremely wonderful and extremely generous. She announced a contest for May in honor of her twin boys' 2nd birthday which encouraged her many readers to either nominate themselves about a time they helped a mom or nominate a mom friend that helped them. I am so lucky to have become a mom at the same time as so many of my friends. And I can think of 4-5 moms in my life that have been hugely helpful to me in the past two years. But I nominated Andy for all of her help and support during preterm labor and my early birth. And Laura said that Andy won! Yahoo!! It made my week! A big thanks to Laura for being one of those people that brings good to the world. She is an inspiration for sure!

No comments: