Sunday, August 9, 2009

Literally



Seren, like most preschoolers, is so literal. It reminds me of Amelia Bedelia books. (Anyone? "Draw the curtains" so Amelia Bedelia takes out a pen and sketches them?)

Anyway...Seren has had some cute moments recently related to this developmental stage.

I told her the other day that I was 'falling apart'. She looked at me. Looked at my body and said, "No you're not!"

I was talking to Sam on Cape Cod about Wyeth and how quickly he would fall asleep. I repeatedly used the words 'He is going to crash'. Several minutes later Seren said I was going to go upstairs and smush Wyeth's head into the wall until he cried. (or something like that!). Horrified at the violent imagery, I started to scold her until Sam said, 'You did say he was going to 'crash''.

Lastly, Seren was sipping juice in the car and started to choke. I told her that she would be ok, that the juice just went down the wrong pipe. Several seconds of silence passed. Then, from the backseat, "I have pipes in my mouth!? Where are the pipes! I want to see the pipes!"

LOVE THIS AGE! She is going through a "I love you SO much" stage. I couldn't be happier. The hugs! The kisses! I love her SO much too.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So cute! We've had a few of those moments, too, but I'm kicking myself for not writing them down! You'll be so glad you did!

LauraC said...

My mom always tells the story of how she told me to put on my shoes and socks and I put my shoes on first then my socks. Too cute! Love this age, except for the attitude.