Tuesday, August 11, 2009

With a grateful heart

I am a blessed woman. I feel overwhelmed most days by the sheer insanity of it all. Dirty house. Busy job. Long commute. Long distance friends. Obligations. Bills. Insurance claims. To-do lists that seem to never list 'rest' upon the items.

But when I take time to stop. To breathe. To just LOOK at my life. I feel at peace. I feel overwhelmed not with stress, but with gratitude. My children are growing up as I fret and question myself, my decisions, my choices. I have to tell my brain to just stop. To be quiet.

And to see the wonder.

The little legs that grow fat with chub. Which will soon be full of scraped knees as he has learned to crawl this week. Those same legs will one day hold him up as he explores on two feet.

And my girl. The curls. The laughter. The energy. The confidence. The way she can just fall in love with the whole world and all of its discoveries. Daily. The stories she can tell.

I question how I can be overwhelmed when I live with such amazing creatures
who hold my hand,
brush my hair,
snuggle my neck and call me

"Mommy".

1 comment:

Julie said...

Beautiful post Megan! And so very true. It is so easy to get bogged down in the minutia of life and forget the big picture. There are some days, when Lana is being sweet and I am not distracted, where I look at her sweet face and wonder how I got so lucky.

p.s. thank you so very much for your thoughtful and reassuring comment the other day...you will be hearing from me for sure :)