Monday, September 29, 2008

Holding on to the toddler years

Sometimes in my frustration with Seren, I think to myself, "I can't wait until she is 3 or 4. She'll have rationale thought by then." The fights over pjs and if she wants her diaper on now or later (Not NOW, Mom) can drive me batty.

However, I now spend my days looking out the window to my neighbors' home. They have three teenagers; two girls and one son.

It is fascinating to watch this family come and go. They have 5 people and 4 cars. The cars are constantly going in and out of the driveway. Don't the parents work? Don't the kids go to school? So strange! They are good people and very friendly- we like them a lot.

However, let me just say that if the yelling, door slamming and loud music playing is ANY indication of what is to come, I'll take fighting over pjs, refusing to sit in the booster chair, and only wanting Elmo soap for her bath any day.

As someone said to me about having a daughter, "Little girl? Little problems. Big girl? Big problems."

It gives me the willies to think about!

No comments: