Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The lights! The lights!

I have always loved Christmas lights. I love the simple white candles in peoples' home. I like over the top ones too. It is just so fun to see the lights! And my gosh, the excitement around here for lights has been taken to new heights!

Seren LOVES them. Our simple and cheap thrill is to drive the kids around at night while oggling the lights. And our neighbors do it up! My gosh. I have seen some of the most tackiest holiday displays EVER. :)

I got home early last night and we took the kids for a walk in the wagon. We bundled them both up and off we went on foot. Wyeth this time pointed like crazy and 'talked' about it. Full on excited babble while pointing at the lights. We also have lights on our house this year which thrills me! Seren and Wyeth put them on at night to 'surprise' me. Wyeth wanted to be held last night so he could see the lights outside the house across the street and threw a FIT when I had to put him down. (Does anyone else remember having a 11 or 12 month old that knew how to tantrum?? It scares the hell out of me. What will age two look like!?)

Tantrums aside, we are all EXCITED. It is the simple stuff. Just seeing lights and holiday decorations is excitement enough around here. And we are having a blast!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I LOVE the lights too!! We are putting the lights on our house soon! Hopefully today!

Alex threw little tantrums starting at 12 months. He was cute. He had full=blown ones at 15-21 months that were LEGENDARY. Then he was a relatively easy 2 year old.