Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The beginning of the "poop" stage

Before I had Seren, there were a few things that I couldn't stand my mom friends doing or talking about. I did not like to see pictures of thier kids with food all over thier faces and I hated poop talk. Why must grown women talk so much about thier children's movements? Yuck.

Well, here I am posting on the internet about poop.

Kinda.

Since 15 months, Seren has said "poop" whenever she pees or poops. She is really into this now. We aren't quite ready to begin the potty training madness. I haven't even read about it yet! (Any one heard of good book suggestions?) But she clearly is thinking about this a ton. She is trying to take her diaper off and when she wants her diaper changed, she just lays down wherever she is and says, "poop". Even if it is far from her diaper changing station.

This is all context for the following story. Last night, Sam belched. He said, "Oh, excuse me." I said, "Geez! Dad is feeling a bit burpy!"

Apparently Seren heard "poop" instead of "burp".

She then proceeded to run over to my husband and essentially "feel" to see if he had poop. She asks him "Poop?"

Then she ran over to me and felt my lower regions (just like we check her) "Poop?"

Then she checked herself. "Poop?"

Where was the poop? Who had pooped? What?! You could see the confusion on her face.

Sam and I were laughing too hard to correct her immediately. "You are ok Seren. No one pooped. We are all good."

Whew.

And so count me in with the other moms who tell poop stories. I'm sure when we actually DO get to the potty training stage, there will be many more.

Gross.

No comments: