Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Random Tidbits

I have had trouble blogging this past week! Sometimes I have too much to say and no time. Othertimes I can't think of items that are blog worthy. A few notes:

* Seren had her first haircut on Saturday. Yes, her FIRST! I took her to a place called "Wiggle Worms" which was for kids. It was awesome. She liked the toys and watching all of the kids but really got nervous when she got in the chair that was shaped like a frog. Through her eyes, it IS kinda scary. A stranger is touching your hair and spraying you! I have to down load my pics of the experiences.

* Seren has decided that 5 am is the new 7 am. My god! It seems like everytime we sleep over at Grammy and Poppy's, she is off for about 3 days. She sleeps well but when she wakes up at 5, she can't soothe herself back to sleep. I am glad we weaned off the paci but man, it is ever tempting to go in there and hand her paci to her! I can do 6 am but anything that begins with 5 is too early. 5:15, 5:20, even 5:55! I'll get over it.

* Seren is very aware of who owns what. When we sort the laundry, she offers up suggestions as to whose item of clothing it is. A big grey t-shirt? "Dadda's!" Tiny pink socks? "Eren's" (Seren's) Yesterday the cat was smelling my briefcase. Seren also likes to play with all of the pencils in the briefcase. I usually ask her not to. "No touch, Seren. Thank you." So when the cat started smelling it, she went over to the cat and said, "NO! No! Mommas!" Nice to have help!

* Seren has been having some hyper moments where she twirls around and falls on her bottom. She laughs hysterically! Last night, after dinner, the entire family had a dance competition. (We don't have any good moves, we are nerds, people, nerds!) It was hysterical. In the midst of this dancing frenzy, the thought occurred to me, "This is really why I wanted a family." I had so much fun.

* Seren is a wizard in her play kitchen. She can whip up some good fried eggs! And now she takes requests. What a great short order cook! (Emphasis on the word 'short'). Sam and I get great delight in asking for certain food items while we are getting ready for the day. Seren, ever the pleaser, toddles off to her kitchen, locates the item and brings it back. She then cooks- complete with sound effects.

* Seren is beginning to understand that she actually can get something she wants when she says "please." We still have to prompt her but she always looks surprised when she gets more fruit or more milk. "Peas!" Ta-da! Instant satisfaction.

* Seren, like most children, would prefer juice over milk. Sam has taken to calling the milk, "cow juice". That way, she gets "juice". The problem with calling milk cow juice? She actually has started to "moo" at the sippy cup when it is just beyond her reach.

* I start yoga tomorrow! I am so excited for this phase in my life! I am really happy to do something I've wanted to do prior to getting pregnant with Seren.

* I have started to take the wallpaper off the hallway. I can only do this in little 35 minute time slots. It is such a huge task! I hope to complete this project by March! I have to have goals otherwise these home projects just hang on...

That's what comes to mind. Thoughts from my little world.

2 comments:

Laura S said...

I love your updates. Good to hear what is going on with the family. Love,
Laura

LauraC said...

Nate and Alex have determined 6am is the new 7am! And our little hyper moment will certainly be making an appearance on my blog soon...