Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Swaddling

Those of you with kids may remember the days of swaddling. Newborns love to be swaddled in blankets. It makes them feel cozy- just like the womb. Seren was a big fan of being swaddled. The first few weeks of her life, we just needed to swaddle her and out she'd go.




Recently, Seren has insisted that we swaddle Dolly. (She actually also insists on being swaddled herself but that is another story). Dolly has been a good friend to our family for about a year. She goes everywhere with us. Seren deliberately swaddles Dolly, takes her to her own chair, rocks her a total of 3 times and puts her in Dolly's crib.

Last night she added in her sweet voice, "Night-night. Sleep well." And gave Dolly two kisses and then blew her one. She then walked out the door. It doesn't surprise me that she mimicked EXACTLY my routine.

I have been surprised that the pretending started so early. I was surprised when Seren started pretending in the summer (?). I thought that would come much later. But I love it. I told Seren she was a very good mom. She just smiled and said, "yeah".

1 comment:

Laura S said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing, what a sweet girl you have :)