Monday, November 17, 2008

Loving Normal

I'm still here and still pregnant. I'm full term! 37w 3 days. I can't believe it! It is awesome! My friends are calling and my parents' friends call too. A family friend called my dad the other day. She asked, "So, how are Megan and Sam?"

"Well, the good news is, they are still pregnant. The bad news is, they are still pregnant."

That kinda sums it up in a nutshell. After months of thinking he'd be early, I can't get over the fact that here I still here. Will I need to be induced!? It is hard to describe the change in mindset.

I have tried reverse pyschology with my son. "Fine, don't come out. We'll be fine here. Come when you feel like it."

I have also tried scolding, "Ok, Mr. Hotshot, get your tush out here! What are you? Mr. Drama?"

And then I tried begging, "Please!? We want to meet you! We can't wait to hug you!"

Oh well. He will come when he feels like it.

This weekend was decidedly normal. It was great! We saw friends! We entertained! I even raked leaves for an hour. Seren was funny and we did normal things like run errands, play with our farm set, play with playdoh, etc. She constantly asks me to repeat myself. "What, Mommy? What?" I think she likes the attention she gets when I repeat the same phrase or question again.

I got a pedicure- something I have wanted for a long time. I took care of myself. I didn't stress. I slept. I napped. Sam and I went on a date- a long overdue dinner OUT. I didn't think we'd get that chance while I was on bedrest so it was a very sweet moment to just hold hands by candlelight. It was much needed- this pregnancy has been stressful on us both.

I did have some contractions which made me VERY excited but like always, they go away. I'm just glad I had 'em because I was worried that because I am still pregnant and NOT having contractions as often, that my uterus no longer remembered how to contract! So at least THAT worry is put to bed.

So while I'm still a bit restless, normal is good.

1 comment:

Julie said...

CONGRATS! Full-term girl--you made it :) Now its just hard to be patient.