Monday, August 13, 2007

Baths are scary too

Seren, like most 15 month olds, seems to be in the midst of huge seperation anxiety. It is very charming for the first few days. I had a shadow, knee high, who hugged my knees constantly. Now, it is becoming challenging. She really wants to be held, to be at conversation level. I try to honor this as much as possible but sometimes you just need your own two hands (not the addition of two other, less 'helpful' hands).

THe past two nights have been hell in relationship to the bath. Naps aren't going well either. She has been good since about June at taking two naps. ONe at 8:30 or 9, the other at 2 or 2:30. Today's naps were at 9:45 and the other at 3:45. Poor Daddy! But she IS napping. Bath to bath hell...

It occured to me that as I was lowering her into water, I was doing two things to make her angry- letting go of her AND putting her in water. She LOVES water but not this week. That was so last week.

I showered with her again. Hmm. I don't really think I need two showers a day. I don't get THAT dirty at my desk job.

No comments: