Thursday, August 9, 2007

We are back!

We have returned from a wonderful week in Cape Cod. We were expecting lots of rain but we didn't get any! The weather was amazing and it was such a great week to spend time focusing on our family. No worries about cars that will break down, bills that need to be paid, home projects...just us. Our friends joined us which was fabulous. It was fun to vacation with other families. That was a first for all of us! I am already excited for next summer when we get to do that again! My parents treated us like royalty. We really had a good time.

Seren did very well with the traveling. She rode up to CT and spent 5 waking hours in a car seat. She was a trooper! The next day we finished off the trip with 3 hours in the car. We were already to get out by the time we arrived. Seren loves to pull her Dolly's pants off. I think I had placed Dolly in her pants about 100001 times by the time we reached Cape Cod.

I realized while I was there that I am usually so busy planning the next activity, cleaning, worrying about bills and Seren that I rarely make time to just ENJOY Seren. I spent the whole week focused on her and found it to be really refreshing. She brings such joy into our lives. Every day I am grateful for her but just to spend that much TIME with her was awesome.

I've missed her at work. She has had a somewhat boring week compared to last week with her friends! But we are scheduled for more one on one time while Sam is in NYC this weekend. Should be a good time for him! And having time with my peanut will be awesome as well.

We are signing up for a music class this fall! I can't wait!

No comments: