Thursday, August 16, 2007

Off

In naming my blog, I thought about my goal which is to find more balance in my life. Today is one of those days where I know I am failing. The issue today? Friends. Friends for me. Friends for Seren. Friends for Sam. The issue is that since we have moved to PA, we can't seem to make any! Most of it seems to coincide with finding other parents of young children. It is just one of the major life adjustments that I don't think I was truly ready for. I like to think of myself as someone who makes friends easily. And I do. I am outgoing and funny which goes a long way. But finding folk in our community who are open minded, educated and also enjoy children (if they don't have any themselves) has proven challenging. Where are the working moms out there? Where are the other stay at home dads?

I worry because I want Seren to grow up with a lot of people in her life. I want her to play with kids! She already is blessed with many 'aunts' 'uncles' and of course her grandparents and real aunts and uncles. But none of those people live in Levittown! None of those people can come play after work, join us for dinner, stop by to borrow an egg! I have tried and tried to find community on the internet. Sam and I have 'churched shopped' for nearly a year. But we just can't find that 'home' that we (ok, *I*) really, really long for. And that is frustrating me today. In time, it will come together. It really does take a while. I guess I'm just impatient. Not having a community makes me feel really off balance. I know I am not alone in this. And I am really blessed with long time friends and family are live sorta close by. I just miss my 'peeps'.

No comments: