Monday, August 13, 2007

Why I love my husband

Seren has been struggling to wash her hair in the bath. She LOVES water and loves the bubbles in her bath but HATES having her hair wash. The upshot of the whole thing is that she basically leaps, soaking wet and sudsy into my lap when I wash her hair or wet her hair.

Sam had this great idea that we would show Seren how to take a bath. She LOVES to mimic our actions. So, Sam got in a swimsuit and took a bath while Seren watched closely from her vantage point on my lap. Sam splashed and splashed. He smiled, giggled, danced. Seren did too. What fun Daddy was having! We also bought this special cup which is to keep the water out of a child's eyes. We got it last Thursday and call it the special hair cup. We made a BIG deal of it during the Daddy bath.

Watching my husband get soaking wet in order for his daughter to 'learn' to take a big bath made me fall in love with him all over again.

We also played with it dry before getting in. Seren had a good bath as usual. But when I put soap on her arm- not her hair- she freaked out, screamed, cried and leaped into my lap. We even get to try the special hair cup! She was so scared. So, plan B was for Mommy to shower with Seren. This went better because she was being held (Seren happy) AND she was getting clean (Mommy happy).

So, before the night was over. All three of us were soaking wet. :)

Wish us luck tonight!

No comments: