Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun weekend

Weekends like this past weekend make Monday mornings even harder. Uncle John visited from Colorado this weekend! He had a great time watching Seren just be Seren. She makes us laugh daily- buckets on her head, noises, faces she makes, the way she mimics. I was glad to see that he could enjoy her.

Saturday we went out to lunch for my mom's 61st birthday. Dinning out just isn't what it used to be. On Friday, Seren learned to scream. She even screams when you say the word scream. She isn't crying- she is just being LOUD. So, off we go to lunch. I am wearing a dress. We are all dressed up. Seren is in her high chair and Sam and I are doing our best to try to pay attention to the conversation but mostly, we are panicked that Seren is going to just LET loose during the lunch. I barely tasted my meal. She did well. She threw a spoon or two on the floor and emptied her bowl of corn but other than that, she didn't get too worked up. Just HARD to go out to dinner/lunch and relax. I need to drink more wine.

We also played in the hose on Saturday. As I have mentioend, Seren HATES when I clean her hair in the bath/shower. But the water and the hose? No problem. She just eats it up! She actually signed 'more' every time I turned the hose off. It took us two days, but when she signs more outside of the dinning room, it means 'more fun! more horsey rides!" We actually thought she was hungry so we kept giving her more snacks!

On Wednesday, we heard she weighed 22.6 lbs (50%) and is 32 inches long (90%). A long, tall, skinny one! I was so glad and grateful that she is doing well healthwise.

Thanks Uncle John for visiting and for giving us the occasion to see you, have dinner with Mom and Dad and have a celebration party in your honor! Come again soon!

No comments: