Monday, August 20, 2007

Stability

I don't like change. I have never liked change. As a young girl, I used to cry when my parents wanted me to get a new pillow. I liked the old pillow. Why change it? So to be pregnant, leave grad school, have preterm labor, have a baby in the NICU, move to an apartment, start a new job, move to a new house...all has involved change. It has been challenging and rewarding. And exhausting.

For the first time in over a year (maybe two?) I feel settled. And I like that. I like that I know what my job will be like. I like that some of the big questions are no longer questions anymore. We are good parents! We are blessed with a happy baby. So it is time to do something we haven't done in a long time: plan. And that feels very good to me. No, we haven't figured out child care or what daddy will do for work but we have each other and we are sitting still. I like that. I feel like we can put down roots and think about the future. I am beginning to enjoy the simple things again.

My family makes me so happy: all of them. I am truly blessed with family and friends that value me and remind me to keep going when I need that push. Call me boring! But too many life changes put me over the edge. I am back. I am here to stay (for a little while). I just don't like to much change.

No comments: