Sunday, September 23, 2007

If she only did windows

We had a end of summer 'clean the yard day'. Seren was a huge help! Seriously! Since at this age, she specializes in taking things out of boxes/bags and putting them back in, that meant that she had honed her leaf raking/leaf placing skills. She had her own bucket and put a whole bunch of leaves in it. I'd then empty her bucket in to the big one.

I looked over at her from across the yard. OUR yard. She was so busy. So focused. The sun shone. My husband was busy mowing the lawn. Moments like this, I pinch myself. How lucky are we? We are a family! I loved every moment of our yard work. Seren was a huge help and really got into the spirit of weeding as well. I have an image of all of us in my mind. Wish I could share it with you all. But it was wonderful to realize, again, how lucky we are.

No comments: