Monday, September 10, 2007

Ponytails

As a woman, I've never been one who cares too much about appearance. In an ideal world, I'd wear jeans, teva/danskos (depending on the season) and a t-shirt. Unfortunately, with work, I have to do a little bit better than that.

I feel the same way about my hair. I cut it. I try my best but that is about it.

As a mother, I have a whole other head of hair to worry about. My hair is what I like to call "seaweed on a rock". It is straight. It doesn't too much. It looks somewhat the same for years and years.

My daughters hair? Not so much. She has two crazy callicks in the back and curls! I personally LOVE the curls. My curly hair friends say that she'll hate them one day. But what to do with curls? We currently are sporting ponytails. Sometimes Mom does a great job of it. Sometimes Seren sqirms too much and well, at least I tried.

Our digital camera was left at a friends' house so we don't have it for three weeks (sniff, sniff) so here are some early July shots of Seren and her ponytails. Before and after. My friend says that she looks older with her hair down. I'm not so sure.

When do I bite the bullet and get her hair cut? Will the curls leave? I'm not ready to say goodbye to them!




1 comment:

LauraC said...

I LOVE the pigtails!!!!! I wanted a little girl JUST to do curly pigtails.

I had/have crazy curly hair and let me tell you what you should NOT do with it. You should not brush and brush and brush it or iron it or flat iron it in an attempt to get it to look straight. My mom used to do that to me and my head would hurt so bad... then it would curl up anyway.

Teach her to embrace her inner curl! And don't cut it!

PS. Alex has curly hair and I wanted to grow it long. Jon shot me down. Boo hoo.