Thursday, December 20, 2007

One more gross one for the baby book

We woke up late today. I heard my alarm but instantly fell back asleep. My unoffical alarm (Seren) didn't go off until 6:20. I was thrilled with the extra sleep. However, as soon as she "went off", something didn't sound right. I had just gotten out of the shower so Sam went in to get her from her crib. He said to me, "Oh, we have a problem."

Puke.

The first puke since all of that spit up that ended at 6-7 months. Man, that stuff is nasty! Thank God I'm not pregnant or else I would have followed suite. Poor little thing!

I have no idea when it happened. She slept well all night. But the poor thing was just caked in it.

Back into the shower with a dazed and confused Seren I went.

It was like a fraternity party gone bad.

I'm "hoping" it is food poisioning but I have a feeling that we are in for a bit of a rough road the rest of this week. Any suggestions/ideas how this may play out?

2 comments:

LauraC said...

There was recently a puke post on Ask Moxie but the comments were crazy long. My best tips:

1. Feed only tan or white foods (yogurt, bananas, toast, crackers) to prevent stains. And feed only foods that are easy to puke back up.

2. Keep her in clothes that are easy to take off in a hurry. Ditto for yourself.

3. Get out all those baby blankets and burp cloths again. Makes clean up easy if you have something to "catch" the vomit when you see it coming.

4. If she won't drink pedialyte (buy the CLEAR pedialyte, generic is cheaper), you can dilute applesauce with pedialyte to spoon feed.

5. Wash your hands like a complete maniac whenever you've been in touch with puke. Wash and wash and wash. It is a million times worse when a parent is sick also!

6. Watch for dehydration.

Good luck, on the bright side at least it will be over before Christmas!

PS. We've had the random middle of the night pukes where nothing else happens. I'll hope it's that for you!

Beth said...

Can't top Laura's tips. But we used lots of towels when William was sick. We spread them out everywhere--over the bed, over us, anywhere we were sitting. William drank pedialyte if it was mixed with apple juice. And he liked popsicles. Hope it was a random event, and not a stomach bug! Good luck.