Monday, December 31, 2007

The end. The beginning.

I think it is just part of who I am. I have always been introspective. The end of the year always finds me buried in my journal. I am writing about the past year and looking forward to the new one. This year, I haven't found as much time for journaling as I would have liked. In years past, I would fill up a journal in about 6 months. I started my current journal three weeks after Seren was born. It begins, "I am a mom!" There are still 4 blank pages. Nearly 19 months later. So clearly my journaling has been placed on the back burner.

That being said, on Cape Cod this past week, I found time to write. To think. Too often my mind is a very "busy and loud" place. It hums with somewhat meaningless information. A master to do list. It begins when my eyes open. I check the clock and then calculate how quickly I need to move to get to work on time. And it ends when I lay down in the evening, calculating how much sleep I will get before I do it all again.

So I always look forward to the new year because it guarantees at least several moments of reflection.

I looked back to last December and read my goals for 2007. Sadly, they are very similar for 2008's goals! But there is promise to start anew!
In 2008, I hope to:
* Do yoga
* Visit my friends in CA
* Keep old friends and make new ones
* Blog/write

I always have a tendency to make about 1500 goals. That is meaningless. So I am keeping them short and sweet this year.

Happy 2008!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Welcome back! I am so sorry to hear you guys were so so sick! At Christmas!

Let's hope 2008 is a year where we regain a sense of ourselves during this journey of motherhood. Happy New Year and I'm glad we "met" online!

Laura S said...

Meg:
I do hope you get to do all of those things. I loved the card picture by the way, Seren looks lovely and full of mischief!