Monday, February 18, 2008

Drama should have been her middle name

I know that it will most likely get worse before it gets better but Seren is all about Drama these past few days. The more un-fun the task? The bigger the show. It is simultaneously frustrating as hell and hilarious. Can you really get THAT upset about having to sit in the high chair? I had to turn my head away from her so she wouldn't see me laughing when she was laying on the ground, pounding her little fists into the floor while wailing "noooo diiaaaper, nooooo".

Because you see, she has decided that she is "over" diapers.

The poor thing. Most of the time I say something to the effect of, "Seren, I know you are really angry about this. I understand that. I'm sorry you are mad. But we just have to work through it and get ready for a clean, dry diaper."

All of this drama must exhaust her. I can't imagine the emotional energy it takes to burst into tears several times a day. It is admirable, really.

To be fair, she has had a rough, rough 10 days. The fevers, the cough, the medicines. She has been a trooper. We have been up in her face now every two hours for over two weeks with the amoxicillian, the steroids, the motrin and the nebulizer. So I can't blame her getting frustrated with yet another thing she HAS to do like sit in a chair or lay on the changing table.

But the drama? Oh my gosh.

Think I should get her this? :)

No comments: