Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Not all drama ALL the time

There is something about returning from a long day at the office, followed by a long commute to make you feel about as energized as well...a bath towel. You just want to walk in the door, have dinner make itself, have the dishes clean themselves and you? You fall in a heap on the couch.

With kids, that just isn't an option.

But the most amazing thing is that by the time you walk in the door, there is a little face there waiting for your return. "MOMMA!" It is like being a celebrity. With your own red carpet. Little legs start running. Little arms open up. And swoosh, you are in a mini-bear hug. And all is well.

The energy she gives me amazes me. Suddenly, instead of wanting to be a couch potato, I found myself dancing up a storm, my hands in the air, my feet kicking up, all to make my miniature dance partner laugh.

Who needs a couch? I have a dance floor.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I love our dance parties, too. We have to draw the energy from some place and music just seems to help in all situations around here.

Your upcoming trip sounds great!