Friday, February 29, 2008

"Don't mess with me!"

Seren has been on one of her early morning kicks this week. Ever since she was so ill, we have had a harder time with her sleeping. First the fever got her up. Then her diaper was super, super full. And now? Well, it is just time to get up! She got up at 5:30 on Tuesday, 5:15 on Wednesday and today was 5:40. I mention these details because well, she is tired.

I got home at 5:15 and she went to bed at 8:00. Between those nearly 3 hours, Seren had full blown tantrums over the smallest things. Crying! Yelling! Throwing whatever was closest to her! This tantrum thing is still kinda new for us so it still comes as a shock. I find it very upsetting. Where has my sweet one gone?

Here is the list of things that pissed Seren off tonight:

* The fact that Dolly, unbeknownest to me, needed to be swaddled...not up on the table where I was dillengently swaddling her...but on the ground.

* The fact that all of the pictures that we got from the Family Guide to the Hirschorn museum in DC were not in the right order. Some were upside down! Horrors!

* The fact that the vacuum cleaner was near her, despite being tightly held next to me.

*The fact that air was slowly leaking from her Ducky tub. And when I laughed at the slight sound of air escaping, Seren freaked out and climbed out of the tub in hysterics.

*The fact that the "Mouse diaper" (Mickey Mouse) HAS to be put on while standing up.

*The fact that Mom wasn't wearing pjs with stars on them like Seren was. "Mom no have stars!"

It was a long 3 hours. But it is Friday!

3 comments:

LauraC said...

I don't even know why they call it Terrible Twos since it starts so much earlier than that. You can imagine why I was sad when Nate had his first tantrum... after so many with Alex we knew to be scared of double tantrums.

Beth said...

Sounds like a girl who knows what she wants! LOL. I shouldn't laugh, though. We'll get there soon, I have no doubts. In the meantime, I hope she starts sleeping a little later for you!

Anonymous said...

Is she 2? Being 2 is the longest three hours of any mother's life. But you're right: in the scheme of things, it's a year of Fridays. It's always almost over.