Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mommy and Seren get crafty!

This weekend Seren helped me make play dough! She had a great time stirring the homemade mixture ("Seren stir! Seren stir!"). It was a blast! We were making play dough by 9:30 am on Sunday morning. Still in her pjs, she climbed up on our little kitchen stool and proudly helped. Seren is really into "chores" these days which is wonderful. We are having her help us in all different ways...she takes the ketchup and butter to the table, helps us make our big bed and still loves to place things in the trash.

Here she is stirring up the ingredients:






Monday night, after work, we set to playing with the play dough. At first she refused to touch it. "No touch! No! No!"

"Well, this will be short lived, I thought to myself. If the child doesn't touch the play dough, we should call it a night right now." However, I showed her how much fun it was to roll into a ball and then squish it. "See? Squish!" That did it! Game on!








She had a blast with the play dough. Every time she'd touch it, she'd squeal. We made snakes that hissed and lots and lots of balls of dough to squish. She tasted it a little, decided it tasted too salty and burst out laughing.


It is SO good to have our little sicky feeling better. I felt like a "real mom" making homemade crafts and enjoying time with my kiddo.

4 comments:

Laura S said...

What fun meg! You have to send me the recipe. I have been wanting to make some with Joshua too! Sorry this weekend didn't work to talk. I literally remembered at 9pm on Saturday evening. OOPS!

Love you,
Laura

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
samshi said...

So happy to see little Seren feeling better :) Play doh rocks!

Beth said...

What fabulous pictures! And I want the recipe you used, too. So glad the whole venture, from start to finish, was a success!