Monday, February 4, 2008

Klutsy

I suppose that for dear Seren, she was doomed to being klutsy. Afterall, she is related to us.

Seren, in the past two weeks has managed to slam her face into a wooden chair as well as a chest of drawers. First she slammed her left side of her face. This weekend, it was the right. It makes a horrible sound. Bamn! Then "the silence" which is the worst sound because while silent, it is the big "wind up". The breath taken before all hell breaks loose. THE cry.

Oh. It makes me shudder.

She has a line down her face- starting right above her eye and going to her cheek where she tripped over my foot and slammed into the chest of drawers. I iced her face but there is only so much you can do.

We also had a poop explosion which was right up there with the Infant Poop Explosions of 2006! I carried her, poop and all, upstairs, striped her clothes off and gave her an instant bath. In the process of getting her clothes off, we managed to get poop on the floor, in her hair and on Dad's newly washed jeans. Oops!

Those incidents aside, Seren and I had a good weekend of relaxing together. Sam was able to paint one of our walls and we all had a good time just relaxing. As a family.

This week we travel to DC so I can attend a conference for work. Seren is already excited about the "airplane museum." I tell her things in advance to let her know what the day will bring. But as I am learning, more than 2 hours in advance isn't such a good idea. Today, she attends music class at 11 am. At 7:30, when I was leaving the house, she was running around chanting at a good volumne, "Mu-sic Class! Mu-sic Class! Mu-sic Class!"

Lets hope klutsy returns safe and sound from class. I shudder to think of all of those drum sticks! Pointy objects. Held in her hands. While she dances. Could be ugly.

21 months today! Unreal.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oooooohh Megan--where will you be staying in DC? What is your schedule? If you have any free time at all, we should try to get together. (Although I know most conferences don't really lend themselves to "free time.") It would be cool to meet in real life. William and I are on Capitol Hill all day! :-)

Beth said...

Oh yeah--you can e-mail me at beth_bolling@hotmail.com!