Friday, May 1, 2009

On Flying the Friendly Skies

Seren has a funny sense of humor. She loves jokes and loves laughing. SO many things are just very funny to her!

Today she and Sam traveled on an airplane. She has been on an airplane before but it was over a year ago. Ya know, ancient history. And THAT was before potty training.

She called me (which I love). "Mommy! Guess what! I have something so funny to tell you!"

"What!?"

"There was a potty on the airplane!"

(Hysterical laughter ensues from her side of the phone.)

I then found myself talking to Sam. (Seren doesn't "segue" too well). Before I know it, Seren is back on.

"And Mommy, want to know what else? The flush is only a button! A little button!"

************
This morning I had to get her up at 5:15 am so that they could catch thier flight. There is always something so ridiculous about waking a child that for the better part of three years had gotten YOU up at 5:30 or 6:00am.

A little background, in the past 6 months we have taught Seren to read the clock. "You can't call for us unless it is 6:00. Ok!? Before that, it is too early. WAY too early."

She actually has been sleeping in (Ya know, 6:30) but every once in a while, she'll hit a 5:30. And when we go in, we remind her, "It isn't 6. You woke up too early."

So, this morning, I wake her warm little body by tussling her hair and talking to her gently. She groans. She moans. She grunts. And then in a crystal clear voice says, "Mommy, I can't get up yet. It isn't 6 o' clock."

******************
Seren turns 3 on Monday! Wyeth turns 5 months on Sunday!

No comments: